Friday, February 06, 2009

I Don't Believe In God or the Devil, Baby. I Believe in You.

Hello.
Winter is Dead. Long Live Winter.
(At least until Spring)

IMG_0450


====================================

Whose nails press these Cheshire grins,
invisible but for prints in the sand,
of tactile kitty-cat callings on a mewling, Mid-Winter's night?

Stand yourself upright.

Such grumpy knuckles for so pretty a face! Sit.
The world's there still,
waiting for its pounding into submission.
Never fear,
yours will be had.

Who needs a fresh pound of flesh these days anyways?
You never know.
Hunger blows its thousand trumpet report into my ear each day:
A tribute to you, Love.

====================================


Valentine's Day is WEIRD, yo. (I'll be back!)


Besos.

12 comments:

Victoria said...

I love your style, yo.

Always tiptoes the line between poetry and pure genius.

Hello, muffincake, glad you're around!

You've Got What I Need... said...

V, I'm not feeling so very clever at the moment. After all, my last two post rather conspicuously involved "blows" of some sort.

But thank you for the smile, and the friendly nudge, and the nice comment.

You'll be happy to know that I've recently acquired a beautiful set of three, reclaimed glass bottles made into bud vases: brown, green and clear.

SCORE.

Oh, and whatever happened to Winky?

ty bluesmith said...

holla.

Victoria said...

Winky, as great and smart and incredible and beautiful - and funny (and strong - and wise beyond her years) as she is. doesn't blog anymore.

I don't know why. In real life I know she is doing fine.

Her blog is still up. I leave messages for her now and then.

Because it's funny and sad - and I know one day she will see them and laugh (and cry).

Victoria said...

PS - yes, blows. But that does not take anything away from your style.

I wish things were better, yo.

You've Got What I Need... said...

ty, holla back (atcha).

V, that's excellent news about Winky! Thanks. And things aren't exactly terrible, but you know... I hope the gov't isn't giving you too much trouble. Grrr.

Christopher D. Bate said...

I've missed this muchly

You've Got What I Need... said...

Christopher, me too! Thanks.

Kay Adams said...

I thought I commented on this already. Hm. Either way, I keep coming back to it. Partly because I'm hoping you may have written another something, but mostly because I love your words so much, and reading them is like eating a square of lindt chocolate.

You've Got What I Need... said...

ladyb: i know i've been a tardy poster lately. thank you for still making your way here from time to time. i don't deserve your diligence but it makes me happy none the less. i hope to muster up something new in the next few days. xx

hrodebert said...

*tiptoeing in*
*wiping the cobwebs off my face*
*hearing ghosts*

You've Got What I Need... said...

less ghost more goblin-- the friendlier foe in such deep darkness. hello.